1.1 “The Student” means the person or persons having tutoring with the Tutor.
1.2 “The Tutor” means Michael Drayton of 12 Thistlemead, Chislehurst, Kent BR7 5RF.
1.3 The “Client means the parent or parents or guardian or guardians of the Student with whom the Student lives if the Student is under 18. If the Student is 18 or over it means the Student.
1.4 “The Rate” means the hourly rate agreed between the Client and the Tutor. VAT or local taxes as applicable shall be added to the hourly rate.
ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2. Commencement of tutoring shall be deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions by the Tutor and the Client and the Student.
3. Tutoring shall be carried out at the home of the Tutor or elsewhere by agreement between the Tutor and the Client.
LESSONS NOT ATTENDED BY THE STUDENT
4. Lessons not attended by the Student without the Tutor receiving 7 days’ prior notice shall be charged at the full Rate.
CANCELLATION OF LESSONS BY TUTOR
5. The Tutor may cancel lessons by giving prior notice to the Client in which case no fees shall be incurred.
6. The Tutor makes no promises or warranties with regards to a Student’s performance as a result of any tutoring provided.
7. The tutoring contract may be terminated by the Client by giving to the Tutor; 3 weeks’ notice expiring on a day on which tutoring is scheduled and by the Tutor at any time without notice.
8. No relaxation, indulgence, waiver or release by any party of any of the rights under this agreement on one occasion shall prevent the subsequent enforcement of such rights and the same shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of any of the terms.
9. Where the Student is a minor, the Client enters into the Agreement on behalf of the Student.
10.1 The Tutor is an independent contractor and not an employee of the Client.
10.2 These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England Wales.
10.3 Neither the Client nor the Tutor may assign the tutoring agreement.
10.4 The headings of the sections are for convenience only and shall not affect the meaning of the provisions.